The list of the procedures contained on SurgeryShopper.com are only a partial listing of the most popular procedures that can be performed by the providers in our network. Please call for clarification and to verify inclusions and exclusions. (800) 209.7263
Bundled pricing generally includes the following:
- the initial surgical consultation
- pre-admission care continuity conference, if indicated
- facility fee
- anesthesia fee
- surgeon fee
- discharge management visit
- hand off care continuity conference, if indicated
- hardware, implants and prosthetic
- specific length of inpatient stay, if applicable
Quotes generally exclude:
- any lab, EKG, x-rays, biopsy, MRI, etc.
- additional consultations to determine/assess the medical risk of surgery
- physical therapy or rehabilitation
- expenses or fees associated with or resulting from complications both subsequent to the completion of the procedure/surgery and discharge from the facility
- any patient or companion lodging and travel expenses
- follow up office consultations and aftercare (x-rays, supplies, etc.) post discharge from the facility
PLEASE NOTE: When the procedure price shows “Call”, either the bundled price has not yet been created because the procedure has had low demand, it may be very similar to other listed procedures and our participating providers didn’t specifically list it with us, but the procedure is available, or because the system is being updated. In the interim, please call to inquire about a price and a location and our concierge will obtain the prices offered by our participating providers. (800) 209.7263.
Arthroplasty, patella; with prosthesis
Arthroplasty, knee, tibial plateau
Arthroplasty, knee, tibial plateau; with debridement and partial synovectomy
Arthroplasty, femoral condyles or tibial plateau(s), knee
Arthroplasty, femoral condyles or tibial plateau(s), knee; with debridement and partial synovectomy
Arthroplasty, knee, hinge prosthesis (eg, Walldius type)
27446 from $16.985
Knee Replacement--Oxford (Partial Knee); Includes Prosthesis
27447 from $14,990
Knee Replacement--Total; Includes prosthesis
27455 from $5,865
Tibial Tubercle Osteotomy
Revision of total knee athroplasty, with or without allograft, one component
29888 / 27427 from $8,935
Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Reconstruction with Allograft (Arthroscopic/Open)
29883 from $4,985
Knee Arthroscopy with Meniscal Repair (Arthroscopic)
29873 from $ 3,995
Lateral Release or Microfracture Knee (Arthroscopic)
29876 from $3,735
Synovectomy - Complete (Arthroscopic)
29880, 29881 from $3,995
Medial & Lateral Meniscectomy (Arthroscopic)
Joint Replacement Surgery Insights
1. Over 250 ASCs offer total joint replacements in the U.S. Leading states included: California, Florida, Arizona, Maryland, and Texas
2. More ASCs are taking on total joint replacement cases paid by third-party insurers and employers utilizing direct-with-provider contracts
3. Total joint surgery is more affordable in an ASC.
4. Studies suggest there isn’t increased risk for patients undergoing outpatient joint replacements performed in the ASC setting when compared with the inpatient hospital setting
5. Typical bundled-price differentials at ASCs were about 40 percent less than the hospital group. On average, outpatient surgery cost $11,677, with inpatient surgery costing $19,361.
6. Many ASCs with an outpatient total joint replacement program offer patients overnight stays if medically necessary. Not all states allow surgery centers the option for overnight stays. ASCs are innovating other options as well, including discharging patients to hotels near the center for close monitoring or working with home health nurses to visit the patients after they’re discharged home. Another trend is to cover the first night in a SNF when medically necessary. Some bundle the first night, others exclude it from their bundles. All are attempts to gain competitive advantage.
7. Many patients can be safely discharged to home or hotel same day and are certified as fit-to-travel by car or by air 2-3 days after surgery.
8. Many insurers, managed care plans and employers are now contracting with ASCs for bundled price surgeries, paid same day or prior to admission.
9. In 2017, 15 percent of total joint replacements were performed outpatient.
10. Medicare now offers price comparisons between ASCs and hospital outpatient departments with a new tool that reveals the average payments for select procedures in both settings.The Procedure Price Lookup tool includes the national average payments to HOPDs and ASCs, as well as the average copay Medicare beneficiaries without supplemental insurance would pay in both settings.